Top 6 places to visit in Davao City
Davao City is the Philippines’ largest and most populous city. Of course, this means that it’s also a popular place for tourism! Wondering what to do in Davao? The city is full of interesting sights, from verdant parks to conservation efforts to scientific museums. If you’re planning to visit, plan your trip right with a few must-do activities. Here are the best places to visit in Davao, whether you’re a local or just visiting for the first time.
- People’s Park. This is one of the best places to visit in Davao. People’s Park is the perfect place to spend a relaxing afternoon enjoying nature and local people. This facility was once a sports venue, but it was converted into a public park a decade ago. If you visit the park, there are plenty of things to see and do. Start with a trip to the visitor’s center. This building is called Durian Dome, since it looks like the shape of a durian fruit. After you’ve visited the Durian Dome, you can enjoy local art! The park is filled with statues by Kublai Millan. There is also a dancing fountain you can check out, plus ample space for wandering along the walkway.
- Mount Apo. The highest mountain in the Philippines, Mount Apo is also a volcano! You can plan your entire Davao City trip around this incredible mountain and never get bored. If you want to summit the peak, be prepared for quite the trek. The hike days three or four days for most trekkers. Although it’s strenuous, it’s more than worth it. You’ll get a look at Lake Venado and the volcano’s crater, plus stunning views of the surrounding area. If you want a short hike, you can do that instead! There are plenty of trails of all difficulty levels.
- Davao Crocodile Park. Want to spend a day with the animals? Then you can’t miss Davao Crocodile Park! Here, you’ll get a chance to see cool exhibits on crocodiles and other animals. The park features a park tour, a butterfly house, and a gift shop with wacky croc-inspired items.
- Philippine Eagle Centre. At the foot of Mount Apo, you’ll discover the Philippine Eagle Center. This foundation is dedicated to breeding endangered Philippine Eagles, as well as other birds of prey. Along with the eagles and other birds, you can take a look at several of the Philippines’ other endangered species at the center!
- D’bone Collector Museum. Like bones? You’ll love this museum! This is one of the coolest places to visit in Davao. The museum is filled with many different animal skeletons from all across the globe. The Education Center at the museum can help you and your family identify the species and learn about their life cycles.
- Museo Dabawenyo. If you’re wondering what to do in Davao and you don’t want to spend money, then head to Museo Dabawenyo. This museum is fun, informative, and totally free! You can walk through the exhibits on your own, or a local guide can take you through the museum and teach you about the history and culture of Davao. This is actually a great place to start your stay in Davao, since it will give you an excellent context for the rest of your adventures in the city.
So, readers, what do you think? Which of these places sounds best to you? If you’ve been to Davao City before, is there another attraction you’d add to this list? Let us know in the comments!